Stuffed bell peppers are a great way to get rid of leftovers or things that have been hanging out in your fridge. Like that day old rice, unfinished jar of spaghetti sauce, or sausage that everyone forgot about.
What you will need for this recipe:
- 4 large Peppers (Red, Green, Yellow, and/or Orange)
- 1 lb Ground Meat (Beef, Chicken, or Turkey)
- 1/2 cup of chopped sausage (any kind that you may have lying around in your fridge) for extra flavor and texture
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 3/4 cups of diced Onions
- 1 to 2 cups of mixed veggies
- 2 cups of cooked, day old rice
- 1/2 a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce
This is what you do next:
- Saute garlic and onions in a large skillet.
- Brown meat in same skillet with a few tablespoons of oil.
- Add chopped sausage and cook thoroughly.
- Add mixed veggies and cook until tender.
- Add Rice and break up clumps.
- Pour your favorite spaghetti sauce in skillet.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste along with a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Rinse and chop the top off the bell peppers.
- Clean and remove seeds from the inside.
- Stuff peppers with the rice mixture.
- Pop in oven that has been preheated at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.
Optional: Sprinkle some parmesan or mozzarella cheese on top of peppers.