For this blog post, we will be veering away from travel and into the category of cooking. (However, some of the techniques here were learned while traveling in Italy.)
One of my favorite dishes at Buca de Beppo is their Frutti di Mare. I was curious to try my variation of it when I was walking thru the open freezer section of Costco one day. I saw there a seafood medley mix that contained cooked shrimp, mussels, calamari, and scallops. A good size for $17.99.
What you will need for this recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Seafood Medley Mix
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
This is what you do next:
- Rinse seafood mix and strain the water
- Mince 6 cloves of garlic
- Boil water and cook spaghetti noodles. (About 7 mins..I like them al dente) Once done, put aside in strainer.
- On separate pot..pour olive oil and start browning garlic.
- Cook seafood medley mix with garlic and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once thoroughly cooked, pour in one jar of spaghetti sauce. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer sauce in bowl and on same pot sauce was cooked in, pour some olive oil and toss spaghetti noodles in and cover with some sauce. Make sure all noodles are coated well with sauce and olive oil. Do not have noodles floating in sauce.
- Plate spaghetti and add parmesan cheese according to your preference.
4 thoughts on “Seafood Spaghetti”
Love it. Let’s have a little culinary adventure to Italy when you come back. I want this or the carbonara. We can help in the kitchen 😃
Ofcourse..we’ll also do a culinary adventure to Guam 😉
My mom makes this all the time!!! It’s my fave now!!!😄
Its my fave too. Had to make it for my family here in Guam. 🙂